Max Hamilton, M.D., F.R.C.P., F.R.C.Psych., D.P.M. (1912-1988) is best known for his assessment of depressive illness through psychometrics. The Hamilton Rating Scale for Depression is widely used throughout the world, and his 1960 paper on the problem of measuring the severity of depression is probably the most cited medical publication in the second half of the twentieth century. The recipient of the 2018 award will be chosen by an international scientific jury by March 2018. This prize consists of a monetary award of $10,000 (USD) and an engraved plaque, to be presented at the 31st CINP Congress in 2018, Vienna, Austria
Previous Max Hamilton Awardees
2016 Nikolaos Koutsouleris, Ludwig Maximilian University of Munich, Germany
2012: Elisabeth Binder, Max-Planck Institute of Psychiatry, Germany
2010: Jean-Martin Beaulieu, Université Laval, Canada
2008: George Papakostas, Harvard Medical School, USA
2006: Alexander Neumeister, Yale University School of Medicine, USA
- The Max Hamilton Memorial Prize is given to a young scientist in recognition of an outstanding contribution to psychopharmacology.
- Nominations can be made by any individual; nominees need not be members of the CINP, but must be less than 41 years of age on 31st December 2018.
- The contributions may be in clinical evaluation or services, in pre-clinical or clinical research, or any combination of these.
- The contributions may be empirical advances or a theoretical construct, based on a single discovery or a cumulative body of work.
- The Awardee must commit to attendance at the 2018 Congress for at least three full days.
To submit a nomination, the following application materials must be submitted by email or hard copy in English, by Friday 12th January 2018:
1) Full name, address, telephone number, email, Date of Birth. Present position, year and location of terminal degree of Nominee
2) No more than 500 words summarizing the basis for nomination.
3) An up-to-date curriculum vitae including a list of publications
Please return completed applications to:
Chair, Fellowship & Awards Committee
Max Hamilton Memorial Prize
CINP Central Office
Scottish Enterprise Technology Park
Nasmyth Building, 2nd Floor
60 Nasymth Avenue
East Kilbride, Glasgow, G75 0QR, UK
Tel: + 44 (0) 1355 244930
Fax: + 44 (0) 1355 249959
This application will be copied for submission or to distribute to others.