In 1986 Ole Rafaelsen and William Bunney were instrumental in establishing a CINP programme supporting the attendance of young scientists at the XVth CINP Congress in 1986. That programme was posthumously named the Rafaelsen Fellowship Award to honour Dr. Rafaelsen, who died in 1987.
The recipients of the 31st Congress Awards will be chosen by an international scientific jury by early March 2018. A number of Awardees will be selected and presented with Awards consisting of round trip economy air travel, up to three night’s accommodation, a certificate, a cash stipend including an element for ground transportation and waived registration fees at the 31st CINP World Congress in Vienna, Austria. The selected recipients may also have the opportunity to present their poster as part of a Rafaelsen Young Investigators Travel Award Winners session under a new initiative within CINP.
- The Young Investigator Awards are open to individual’s world-wide, independent of nationality, sex or race.
- Applications must be sponsored by a CINP member.
- Those nominated may be researchers or clinicians, but must have made a commitment to the field of neuropsychopharmacology.
- Individuals must have a doctorate degree, be working full-time in neuropsychopharmacology research, teaching, or clinical activities, have not reached his/her 36th birthday in the year in which the award is made (i.e., no older than 35 years of age as of 31st December 2018).
- Each Awardee must commit to present a poster at the 2018 Congress.
- Awardee must commit to attendance at the 2018 Congress for at least three full days.
- To submit a nomination, the following application materials must be submitted by email, fax or post, in English, by Friday 12th January:
- Full name, address, telephone number, email, Date of Birth.
- The nominee’s curriculum vitae including a list of publications.
- A 500-word statement which summarizes the nominee’s current work activity and explains the basis for the nomination, and include a statement of agreement to present a poster.
- Sponsor’s letter of recommendation.
Please return completed applications to:
Chair, Fellowship & Awards Committee
Rafaelsen Young Investigators Travel Award
CINP Central Office
Scottish Enterprise Technology Park
Nasmyth Building, 2nd Floor
60 Nasymth Avenue
East Kilbride, Glasgow, G75 0QR, UK
Tel: + 44 (0) 1355 244930
Fax: + 44 (0) 1355 249959
This application will be copied for submission or to distribute to others.